NAU Library currently subscribes to several databases that are available 24/7, on or off-campus through any internet-capable device with internet access. Databases may be accessed via the EBSCO app available in the patron’s Office 365 account.
Please log into your Office 365 portal. From the apps page, look for the EBSCO app. If you can’t see it, click the squares icon in the upper left corner and then choose ‘View all my apps’, then click the EBSCO app icon.
Following tutorials explain how to use Basic and Advanced Search options for EBSCO databases.
What are EBSCO eBooks?
EBSCO eBooks are online versions of print books available 24/7 via an annual subscription. EBSCO eBooks are available from all major academic publishers in virtually all academic disciplines. NAU Library currently subscribes to the Academic Collection (a variety subjects), the Business Collection and the Education Collection. EBSCO eBooks offer a number of advantages over their print counterparts. Users can:
- Download titles to mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android Devices
- Search within a book for specific words or phrases
- Save, print, or email chapters or sections
- Copy and paste portions of text for easy access during the research process
- Link to books or book chapters for easy reference or social sharing
- Save a list of favorite books to a personal book shelf
- Generate or export citations to bibliographic management tools
- Save notes to a personal folder with an EBSCOhost account
- Navigate between sections or chapters and the index via linking
This multidisciplinary collection includes more than 201,500 eBooks, covering a large selection of academic subjects and features e-books from leading publishers and university presses. All eBooks are available with unlimited user access, and new titles are added regularly to the collection.
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/ebooks/academic-collection
This collection includes more than 21,000 eBooks dedicated to the study of business. From conducting business research to helping students understand general business concepts, this collection offers the in-demand titles with unlimited user access. It provides access to eBooks across many subjects, like business ethics, career development, economics, finance, human resources, industry and labor, leadership and management, marketing, organizational psychology etc.
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/ebooks/business-collection
This collection features more than 4,300 eBooks ranging from introductory texts for undergraduate coursework to more complex and detailed works for advanced students and scholars. Also included are support materials for student teachers and professionals working in K-12 and higher education classrooms, covering topics from curriculum building to student behavior and dynamics.
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/ebooks/education-collection
Regional Business News provides full-text regional business publications for the United States and Canadian provinces. Users can search newspapers, magazines and other resources from trusted news sources. This database covers more than 70 full-text U.S. and Canadian business publications dating back to 1990.
Content for Regional Business News is provided by leading publishers in business news including The Washington Post, PR Newswire US and more. Key resources include newspapers, radio and television news transcripts, trade publications, magazines and newswires.
This database offers a diverse array of full-text and indexed content covering the full spectrum of the applied sciences and computing disciplines — from acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear engineering.
- More than 830 active full-text journals and magazines
- Nearly 700 active, full-text, peer-reviewed journals
- More than 480 active, full-text, peer-reviewed journals with no embargo
- More than 500 active full-text journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus
Applied Science & Technology Source focuses on traditional engineering challenges and research, as well as research concerning the business and social implications of new technology. With Applied Science & Technology Source, users have access to a robust full-text companion to Inspec, an index to thousands of science and technology journals.
Business Source Complete covers premium full-text content and peer-reviewed business journals from all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, banking, finance and more.
- More than 2,000 active full-text journals and magazines
- More than 1,200 active, full-text, peer-reviewed journals
- 760 active, full-text, peer-reviewed journals with no embargo
- 830 active full-text journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus
Business Source Complete offers access to video content from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency. Videos relevant to the search terms will appear in a carousel in the result list. With footage from 1930 to the present and updated monthly, this collection of more than 77,000 videos covers a wide variety of topics.
The Company View component of Business Source Complete provides detailed company information for more than 1.1 million of the world’s largest public and private companies. Data includes financials, subsidiaries, products, employees, industry information and more.
Journals coverage: https://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/bth-journals.htm
Subject coverage: https://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/bth-subject.htm
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/research-databases/business-source-complete
ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) is an authoritative database of indexed and full-text education literature and resources. Sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences of the U.S. Department of Education, it is an essential tool for education researchers of all kinds.
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/research-databases/eric
Education Source is the world’s largest full-text research database designed for education students, professionals and policymakers. It provides full text, indexing and abstracts for thousands of education journals, books and education-related conference papers. Coverage spans all levels of education and includes educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
- More than 1,900 full-text journals
- Indexing and abstracts for more than 3,500 journals
- More than 530 full-text books and monographs
- More than 3,300 full-text education-related conference papers
- Citations for more than 6 million articles, including book reviews
- Coverage dating back to 1880
More information: https://www.ebsco.com/products/research-databases/education-source
Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text is the leading full-text database for criminal justice and criminology research. It provides hundreds of top journals and magazines covering all related subjects, including forensic sciences, corrections, policing, criminal law and investigation. Many of the full-text sources are peer-reviewed and available with no embargo.
- More than 320 full-text magazines and journals
- More than 600,000 records
- Coverage of more than 600 journals from around the world