North American University is proud to offer the TEACH Grant.
To receive a TEACH Grant, you must do the following:
- Meet the basic eligibility criteria for the federal student aid programs
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate in a TEACH-Grant-eligible program
- Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on one or more portions of a college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25)
- Receive TEACH Grant counseling that explains the terms and conditions of the TEACH Grant service obligation. You must complete counseling each year that you receive a TEACH Grant.
- Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve
- You must serve as a full-time teacher for a total of at least four academic years within eight years after you complete or otherwise cease to be enrolled in the program(s) for which you received TEACH Grant funds
- You must perform the teaching service as a highly qualified teacher at a low-income school or educational service agency
- Your teaching service must be in a high-need field
- You must provide the U.S. Department of Education with documentation of your progress toward completing your service obligation
- If you do not meet the requirements of your service obligation, all TEACH Grant funds you received will be converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan. You must repay this loan in full, with interest charged from the date of each TEACH Grant disbursement