Students who wish to pursue graduate study directed toward developing leadership knowledge and skills may pursue a master’s degree in educational leadership.
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science in Computer Science
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Master of Education in Educational Leadership
To complete your application packet, please make sure you submitted the following items:
- Create your NAU Account
- Submit a completed application form through your NAU Account
- A nonrefundable application fee ($60) (check or money order should be made out to North American University)
- Official Transcripts of all academic work completed at the bachelor level or beyond (An official sealed copy of the transcripts indicating the completion of a bachelor’s (four year) degree (may be sent directly from the undergraduate college or university)
- Letter of Intent (Statement of Purpose)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 for full admission or conditional acceptance*
- A minimum GRE general combined test score of 290 for full admission or conditional acceptance
- For international students: Proof of English Language proficiency:
TOEFL (paper-550, CBT-213, IBT-79). IELTS 6.0. Students with a TOEFL score (paper-500, CBT-173, IBT-61) or IELTS 5.5 are conditionally enrolled**
* After completing 9 graduate hours, a conditional student must have an overall graduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher. Failure to achieve the minimum 3.0 GPA after completing 9 graduate hours will result in suspension from the program.
**The students are required to take remedial reading and writing courses.
For an M.Ed. degree in Educational Leadership, students are required to complete 36-semester credit hours of the graduate course work. It includes 3-semester credit hours of 160-clock hours internship. The program requires completion of following core and major courses:
- 3 Cr. EDUC5311 Human Growth and Development
- 3 Cr. EDUC5312 Curriculum and Instructional Design
- 3 Cr. EDUC5313 Statistical Procedures and Measurement in Education
- 3 Cr. EDUC5324 Integrating Technology into Education
- 3 Cr. EDUC5325 Research Methods in Education
- 3 Cr. EDUC5314 School Leadership
- 3 Cr. EDUC5315 Instructional Leadership
- 3 Cr. EDUC5316 Human Resource Management
- 3 Cr. EDUC5319 School Finance and Campus Business Management
- 3 Cr. EDUC5320 Communication and Public Relations for School Administrators
- 3 Cr. EDUC5322/EDUC5323 Internship in Educational Leadership
- 3 Cr. EDUC5326 Law and Policy for School Leaders
Student Privacy Protection
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student educational records including financial information and prevents North American University from providing that information to any third parties. Access to student records is limited to students, parents of dependent students, and authorized school personnel. For more details about FERPA and privacy of student records, please see our student handbook, under the topic 4.3 Academic records and Transcripts.
- Tuition: $7,900.00 (Total for the whole program, 36 Credits)
- Tuition: $13,900 (Total for the whole program, 36 Credits)
- Departmental Fee
- Library Fee
- Student Service Fee
- Computer and Internet Fee
- Late Registration Fee: $30
- Late Add/Drop Fee: $30
- Withdrawal Fee: $30
- Late Payment Fee: $25
- Application Fee (Resident): $ 60
- Application Fee (International): $250
North American University online courses cost the same as traditional face-to-face classes, and students in designated online courses receive the same benefits as all NAU students through their tuition and fee payments. There are no any additional charges or fees for online courses, or verifying student identity.
In addition to the cost above, students need to think about the cost of books, supplies, residential room, and meal service.You can check the room and meal plans from undergraduate section of the school catalog on the website. International Students are required to be registered in at least 9 credits per semester and 6 credits of it must be face to face courses.