Notification 1 – Required History Background Check
(1) Pursuant to the Texas Education Code (TEC), §22.083, candidate must undergo a criminal history background check prior to employment as an educator;
(2) pursuant to the TEC, §22.0835, candidates must undergo a criminal history background check prior to clinical teaching.
Notification 2-Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation
Each applicant to and enrollee in the EPP of the following regardless of whether the applicant or enrollee has been convicted of an offense:
(1) the potential ineligibility of an individual who has been convicted of an offense for issuance of a certificate on completion of the EPP;
(2) the current SBEC rules prescribed in 19 TAC §249.16… and
(3) The applicant has the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter as provided in 19 TAC Chapter 227, Subchapter B
More information for Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation.
Admission process for Military Service Members and Military Veteran
NAU-ACP program provides help to the military service members and military veteran candidates as stated in 19 TAC §228.35(a)(5)(A-B).
(A) military service member or military veteran candidates to credit verified military service, training, or education toward the training, education, work experience, or related requirements (other than certification examinations) for educator certification requirements, provided that the military service, training, or education is directly related to the certificate being sought; and
(B) candidates who are not military service members or military veterans to substitute prior or ongoing service, training, or education, provided that the experience, education, or training is not also counted as a part of the internship, clinical teaching, or practicum requirements, was provided by an approved EPP or an accredited institution of higher education within the past five years and is directly related to the certificate being sought.