Procedures to obtain a Social Security card and other important information.
must signed by the student’s immediate supervisor, it will serve to validate that the student has been offered an on-campus position.
You can go to any Social Security Office:
Address: 10703 Stancliff Rd, Houston, TX 77099 Phone:(800) 772-1213
Address: 16200 Dillard Dr, Houston, TX 77040 Phone:(800) 772-1213
- Please remember to take your I-20, passport and I-94 when you go. Lines can sometimes be long, so be prepared to wait.
- Go to the International Student Office(ISO) office and inform them about your date of hiring and ask to have your I-20 updated.
- Once the student applies for a social security card, he or she will need to bring the receipt to the Human Resources Office. You will be given a receipt from the Social Security Administration.
- Once we have received your receipt, you will be authorized to begin working; however, the permanent Social Security card must be received within 30 days and needs to be submitted to Human Resources.
- New hire paperwork cannot be completed until the student brings the social security
receipt to the Human Resources Office. Similarly, monthly time sheets cannot be processed until the receipt is reviewed and documented on the forms I-9 and W-4.
- The actual card should be mailed to you within two weeks. Payroll requires a social security number to process student payments.