Researching employers is important for career exploration, and crucial in preparation for a job interview. Look at the company website, find online reviews, and see if the company has been in the news. Find out about the organization’s values, mission, current issues, history, and leadership team. Doing your research shows interest and seriousness about the company, and allows you to be better prepared for the interview: you have to know about the company in order to know why you want to work for them.
After you find out information about the company, think about what questions will have for the employer? Based on what you about the company and what is listed in the job posting, what would you still like to know? Preparing questions for the interview is to be expected. Some questions to consider are:
- What does a typical day look like?
- What are your goals for this position? In one month? One year?
- What do you look for in a candidate?
- What do you enjoy most about working for this company?
- What other offices would I work with?