M.Ed. in Education Frequently Asked Questions
NAU offers three master’s degree programs under the education department:
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership,
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, with the following concentrations:
- Mathematics Education
- Science Education
- Educational Technology
- English Language Arts
- Master of Education in School Counseling
Courses are fully online.
International Students: International students must attend as full time student at NAU (at least 3 courses (nine hours) per semester.
Program Related Questions
- For Educational Leadership and Curriculum and Instruction Master’s degree programs: If you follow up the suggested schedule on the website, you can complete your program requirements in a year.
- For School Counseling Master’s degree program: The program length is between one and half to two years.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership: 30 credit hours
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: 30 credit hours
- M.E.d in School Counseling: 48 credit hours
M.Ed. degree programs don’t have any elective
- No more than 2 courses mini semesters (6 to weeks)
- No more than 3 courses in regular semester (15 weeks)
Note 1: we encourage students taking one course per semester if you are working full-time. You should get advice from your advisor.
Note 2: International student-visa holder must be a full-time student, which requires 3 courses per regular semester.
Yes. The University has summer I and summer II sessions, each may be different in length. Check the Academic Calendar for details.
Course sequences are published on the website at each specific page, view the general page here: . For further details, you need to get help from your advisor.
- Up to 4 courses (12credits) for Educational Leadership and Curriculum and Instruction and 7 courses (21 credits) for School Counseling Master’s degree programs.
- NAU allows you to transfer only if a course grade is “B” or higher.
- Requested transfer course must match or relevant to required/elective NAU coursework.
- International Transcripts must be evaluated and official.
Online Course Registration
You need to log in to your “office portal” and log in to “myNAU student” app. When you log in there, search for the “online course registration” link and follow the instructions.
- If you are in Educational Leadership master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Wendy Schulze, email@example.com, 832 230 5545.
- If you are in Curriculum and Instruction- Mathematics Education master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Karman Kurban , firstname.lastname@example.org, 832 239 5160.
- If you are in Curriculum and Instruction- Science Education master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Karman Kurban , email@example.com, 832 239 5160.
- If you are in Curriculum and Instruction- Educational Technology master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Harun Yilamaz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 832 230 5086.
- If you are in Curriculum and Instruction- English Language Arts master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Ann Marie Smith, email@example.com, 832 230 5087.
- If you are in the School Counseling master’s program, your advisor is Dr. Linda Hart, lhart.edu, 832 230 5121.
Distance Education Help
- Check your courses on your Office 365 account – MyNAU
- You need to log in to your “office portal”. Once there, click the app called “Moodle”. If you can’t login to Moodle, you need to get help from “Distance Education Office”. Their contact info: M. Maldar, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, 832-230-5307. You must contact with this office for all questions related with your course portal (Moodle).
Bursar’s Office/Business Office
Please check the academic calendar. If you are unsure, then please contact the Bursar’s Office and check due dates for your tuition and other payments and make your payment arrangements.
IT office and Tech Support
IT office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an email to email@example.com, you will receive a ticket number; the IT personal will get back to you ASAP.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office.
You would need to submit them to the Registrar’s Office.
You would need to send them to the Registrar’s Office.
Click on the following link: Graduation Application
Hold(s) on my account
You need to contact Bursar’s Office. Please see contact info above.
You need to contact Registrar’s Office. Please see contact info above.
You need to contact with your Advisor.